About Me

My photo
I sometimes straddle the divide between the human and the divine, but I am spiritual and believe that we are all combined within a non-physical source that sustains and protects us. My traits: Romantic, Trustworthy, Aloof, Dreamy, Creative, Understanding, Unrealistic and Impractical. My likes: Romance, Nature, Music, Poetry, Mystical settings, Freedom, Privacy, Animals, Children, The beach, Movies and Great Cuisine. My dislikes: Noise, Crowds, Dirt & ugliness, Garish objects, Being reminded, Tight spaces, Authority, Bad drivers, Limitations and Revealing private life.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Perils of a Pageant Queen

In my almost three years with CWS I have lost count of the number of pageants I have done.  I love the runway and I am not nervous or afraid of it.  Those of us who have walked it more times than can be counted have overcome our fear of it, but the fear I can never overcome is what SL is going to do to me while I'm on the runway.  Every time I take that first step I say a prayer to the SL Gods to please let this go right.  But the SL gods are too busy trying to figure out a new way to mess up our viewers than to hear my SL Prayers, thus I have become the queen of runway fiascos.  Let me count the ways:

In some of my talents I have rezzed objects that literally bounced off the runway and I could not retrieve them, for no copy props that's kind of detrimental to your talent.  Anrol had to return them to me.

I did a circus as my talent, of which I was to proceed down the runway on a circus elephant.  During practice my elephant, Ellie, loved the runway and did just as I trained her.  But come pageant time she got stage fright and wouldn't go down the stairs.  When I attempted to dismount, she threw me off into lala land and I couldn't tp back to the runway.  Finally, success, I'm backstage again and will now attempt to rez her directly on the runway.  Ahhhhh, finally, she's on the runway and I can ride her, but in my frustrations I forgot to set her to stay, so as I'm doing my talent Ellie wanders off.  Anrol had to return her to me.

This one is hysterical.  In this pageant I walked the runway with a sour look on my face.  In my view I couldn't see this, a freind sent me the picture, all looked perfect for me, but in the judges view I was scowling.  A stuck animation that I have no idea where it came from, need I say more?  I look very angry don't I?  This look kind of says give me a trophy or else.  No wonder the judges were afraid, I scared them into a 2nd place trophy.

In one pageant I walked the runway bald headed. In my view I had beautiful hair, but in the judges view I was bald. I wonder if they thought I was trying to make a new fashion statement.  Go figure.
 

In the Ms World 2012 pageant, during the gown category I walked the runway through a haze of fog and half-rezzed Cinderella scenes that no one else could see.  Apparently someone's talent props got stuck in my viewer.  I couldn't see the runway so I guessed at it, but it's ok, I won that pageant, fog and all.
 
Oh yes, you laugh now, but your turn is coming my dear, it's not a matter of if but when.  If SL hasn't doomed your chances of a pageant win yet, don't be too cocky, because it will happen.  However, sometimes you can overcome them, but if not, take it in stride and don't let it get you down because it's all in fun and it will give you a funny topic to write about in your blog.  I know it has happened to many of you so by all-means please share your own runway horror stories here, I would love to see them.
If you want to see runway bloopers live, come to our pageants.  Here's the link for dates and times.
CWS schedule of events 

No comments:

Post a Comment